What we need:
Aberkenfig and District Radio Club, hereby referred to as “the Club” is affiliated to the Radio Society of Great Britain
The elected club Secretary will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide us.
Members’ personal data:
When you register as a member of The Club, (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 16, we will ask you for the following personal information: • contact details – name, address, email address, and date of birth; • Amateur Radio -Callsign
Why we need your personal information
Members’ personal data:
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• [provide you with core member services, including [ licensing, voting, etc.]];
• [set up your online membership account and [Club forum,]];
• [send you membership communications [by post or email] in relation to essential membership services, [including but not limited to], [general meeting notices], information, etc.]; and
• [Club social activities, contests);
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Option 1 – Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• [promote and encourage participation in amateur radio by sending members’ communications and information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes];
• [respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to amateur radio details re complaints and disciplinary procedures, for example, we will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership, take disciplinary action, etc.];
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at [email@example.com]. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, for the purposes of complying with our obligations under: • [Wireless telegraphy act 2006)
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. [For example, [outside activities]]. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our events, we may share this with [RSGB] for promotional and/or journalistic purposes. How we protect your personal information Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the [UK / EU], and is accessed by the committee for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data:
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will delete your personal information 12 months after you cease to be a member.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of [Aberkenfig and District Radio Club] and for how long.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by [Aberkenfig and District Radio Club] will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
You may change your preference at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at email@example.com. There is also an ‘unsubscribe’ details at the bottom of every email communication we send.